မေန႕က သမီးကုိ အိမ္နီးခ်င္း Linda က ကေလးသံုး siccor ၂ ခု လက္ေဆာင္ေပးပါတယ္။ ပီးေတာ့ သမီးဆီက penny 2 ျပားေတာင္းပါတယ္။ သမီးက သူ႕ရဲ႕ Jelly bank (piggy bank) စုဗူးထဲက penny ၂ျပား ေပးလုိက္ပါတယ္။
အဲဒီေနရာမွာ gift ေပးပံု ေပးနည္းကုိ လုိက္မမွီတာ နားမလည္တာ အမွန္ပါ။
ဒါနဲ႕ပဲ ဒီမနက္မွာ google search လုပ္လုိက္ပါတယ္။ ေတြ႕ပါပီ။
Gift Giving Folklore
- 1. When giving a gift of a wallet, purse, piggy bank or anything that is meant to hold money, you should put money in it so the person will have good luck.
- 2. By putting money in a wallet or purse that is being given as a gift, you ensure that the wallet or purse will never be empty of money.
- 3. You should never give someone a pair of shoes as a Christmas gift as this will make the recipient walk away from you.
- 4. If a lover gives you a knife as a gift this means the love will end soon.
- 5. If a friend gives you a knife as a gift you should give them a coin, or your friendship would be broken.
- 6. Giving a pair of scissors or knife as a gift is considered bad luck as it said it would cut the friendship in half. To avoid bad luck in the relationship, the gift recipient should give a coin as to “pay” for the gift. It is common for the gift-giver to include a penny, often taped to the blade of the knife, which the gift recipient is to return as “payment”.
- 7. Scissors or knives should never be given as a wedding gift as this is believed to lead to a broken marriage.
- 8. When giving cash, you should always give in odd amounts, $5, $11, $51, $101, etc.
- 9. Gifts for the new home owner would be bread and salt to show that the house will never know hunger and it’s pantry will always be filled.
- 10.Wine for the new home owner would be to signify the years of retirement to come and to savor the sweetness of life.
- 11. Seeds for the new home owner to symbolize the growing of the family in that home.
- 12. Giving long stemmed red roses with thorns is not a good idea, because they are believed to cause the relationship to suffer.
- 13. The first gift opened at a Bridal Shower should be the first one used, so the bride will have good luck.
- 14. The person that gave the third gift opened at a Bridal Shower will soon have a baby.
- 15. It is bad luck to give an umbrella as a gift.
- 16. Gifts with a frog, ladybug, pig, horseshoe with ends pointed upwards, or four-leaf clover theme are considered to provide good luck.
- 17. In Chinese culture, giving a clock as a present is taboo due to the Chinese word for ‘clock’ sounding like the word for ‘death’.
Credit Link : http://www.giftypedia.com/Gift_Giving_Superstitions